Friday, August 29, 2008

An Award! An Award!!


Never did I believe that this day would come. Not that I didn't dream of it, I just didn't believe it would happen! Never mind what they say about this award.
Thank you Dear IHM (as I refer to you). Thank you for making my day!
So I have to pass this on now? Here goes!
I would like the following to have this award:
The Mutiny. Obviously it's originator chacko deserves a mention, but it's current commander-in-chief 2S or Sandy has to be one of the funniest writers ever; not just in the blogosphere! Here's a sample.
There are other bloggers like Yaamyn & Ashish Gorde that write & write well & I would've liked to give them the award, yet the passion & logic displayed in their eruditely argued comments on the Mutiny is missing from their blogs. So while they as individuals are deserving of this award, their blogs are on the shortlist until they evince the same passion that is inside them.
I would like to give this award to IHM, but she's already won it!
Anyone think of giving it to Mr. Bachchan, Aamir Khan or Omar Abduallah yet?
So congratulations to all the winners before me. And to those who win after me. Have a great night!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention :)
    I like Mutiny.in too, including the interesting name. And lol at awards for blogging to Mr Big B, Mr A Khan ...but Omar Abdullah and Lalu Yadav?....let's see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I like Omar! He's all that our politicians are not.
    He hated by extremists on both sides proving that he is well & truly in the centre.
    Does Lalu have a blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So what did priye Gandhiji have to say about conversion issue? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Umm.. what award is this again? :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. kaffir...

    First of all, Welcome to the Blog. Athithi Devo bhav:!

    To anser your question, depends of what source you want to believe. In Gandhi My Father, Gandhiji is shown to have said to Kasturba about Harilal's conversion (something to this effect), "If his way to God is through Islam, let it be that way. Ultimately, the destination counts, not the path".

    Now you can either believe that, or choose to misinterpret it anyway you like, that's up to you.

    :-)

    yaamyn,

    :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lalu's blog is here
    http://www.mypopkorn.com/blogs/celebrityhome.html?blog=MTAxNzE=

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks IHM. Will track it. I've begun to like him.

    ReplyDelete

Apologies but Moderation is a necessary evil, what with spam, bots, flamers & trolls abounding.
The publishing of any comment that is abusive or way off-topic remains at the discretion of the administrator.
Thank you for commenting.