Friday, June 20, 2008

Weisz not Knighley

The Pune Times today carried a front page article on whether Keira Knightley is apt to essay Elize Doolittle in the remake of My Fair Lady. There were a load of views from everybody & nobody about how she is apt.
I personally have no doubt that she will be to pull of the early Eliza, but I have my doubts whether she will be able to match the grace that Audrey Hepburn exhibited as the revamped Ms. Doolittle. In my opinion, the actress who could come close to looking as graceful & as beautiful as Audrey Hepburn would be Rachel Weisz. That is one classical beauty.

The people polled are off as far other remakes too are concerned. Some suggest names like Nicole Kidman, Angelina Jolie or Drew Barrymore for Mary Poppins! Even Meg Ryan is considered, which I believe may not be too off. But I am biased here.
The only choice that seemed apt was Julia Roberts for Maria in The Sound of Music. As usual, it is Taran Adarsh who comes closest to being bang on.

Having said all of that, I think it is also important to consider that the makers are masters of showbiz & they know their jobs. Therefore, if they've picked Keira, they've probably done so with good reason.

Now that I've said both things, in the final analysis, does this post matter at all? I guess not! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apologies but Moderation is a necessary evil, what with spam, bots, flamers & trolls abounding.
The publishing of any comment that is abusive or way off-topic remains at the discretion of the administrator.
Thank you for commenting.